Friday, April 28, 2006

Painting in the mountains- continued

On that same mountain excursion I went back again to the beautiful orchard I had attempted capturing on that first afternoon. This time I selected a different view for my 9x12" canvas, using a great red barn as a focal point. I'm very happy with the way this one developed:

If I make any adjustments, they will be very little. I love this scene so much I decided to do a larger version in the studio. Here it is, still in the "blocking in" stage, using my little plein air as a reference:


Jennifer Young; Vibrant Landscapes
www.jenniferyoung.com
Contact
Receive blog updates by email
Subscribe to the RSS Feed

Tags: art painting landscape painting artist plein air

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan Blencowe said...

Jennifer,

Lovely blog! Super plein air paintings, always nice to "meet" another plein air addict LOL !!
I'll be posting a link to your blog on mine Art&Life www.janblencowe.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Jan

10:13 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Jennifer Young said...

Jan,

Thanks so much for your nice comment! I am always happy to meet a fellow painter and will be checking out your blog for sure. Thank you for the link too! I haven't quite taken the time to really figure out how to work the blog links and other features. I need to get on that so that I can reciprocate.

Best wishes,
Jennifer

7:59 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home