Monday, April 10, 2006

New stuff for my blog

Posts have been a little more sporadic lately because things have really started to rev up at the studio. I'm preparing to work with two new galleries soon so lots going on trying to get some new pieces under way in between existing commissions.

In the meantime I have done a bit of maintenance on the blog, and have selected a new design that I hope is cleaner in appearance and easier to read. I've also added a new feature for those of you who would like to be notified of blog updates without having to keep checking back in on this blog site.

A while back I mentioned adding an RSS Feed to my blog. RSS feeds are designed to feed new blog entries into a feed reader so that users don't have to go out and visit individual blog sites in order to read what's new. Of course, you need to have a feed reader downloaded to your desktop in order to take advantage of this feature.

Well for those of you who don't care what the heck an RSS feed reader is, this new feature might be a little more appealing. Readers can now choose to be notified by email whenever the blog is updated with new entries. Just look at my signature line at the end of my post, or check over to the right of this screen under the "Links" section. There you will see "
Subscribe to my blog by email". If you follow that link, it will take you to "FeedBlitz" which is a service that notifies you of my new blog entry updates. Pretty cool!

Okay, switching the computer geek hat back to the artist's hat again....It is gorgeous here in Richmond, VA. Azaleas are almost at their peak and the dogwoods have blossomed overnight. It is also finally supposed to be warm and sunny this week, so I will be spending mornings painting en plein air. I will be sure to share some of my experiences here on the blog as I go along.

Jennifer Young; Vibrant Landscapes
www.jenniferyoung.com
Contact
Receive blog updates by email
Subscribe to the RSS Feed

Tags: art painting landscape painting artist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home